Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Charlotte Area Cars and Coffee - Location Change Update!

Michael, thank you for all the effort you have and are putting into this event.

I've been coming since that first C&C in a cold December several years ago and love that it has grown and become the most inclusive and well-attended car meet in our area. I make it at least every other month and always see something new and cool I had not seen previously. So I sincerely hope a new location can be found. I certainly appreciate the difficulty involved in finding an approprate location for 200+ cars to meet and be welcomed (refer to an event called ZDayZ I started back in 2004... www.zdayz.com)

That said, I'll go on board and say I think ZMax or the Speedway is a horrible idea for location. First, there is no food, beverage (coffee), or restroom convenient. And if they open the onsite providers for food early, I'll guarantee they will overcharge for simple morning snacks. Also, having direct access to the dragstrip may seem like a good idea, but I bet most coming to C&C won't be interesting in racing their cars and those that are probably already go to separate Test & Tune events and such. In that same regard, what happens when the 1st Saturday of the month falls on the same weekend as an NHRA event or AutoFair or some other bigger activity at the Speedway complex? Do we get pushed aside? Change the C&C date? Most importantly though, it doesn't seem very centrally located.

Good luck in the search. Hoping we have a new home before April 7th arrives!

Are people really complaining about driving to a car show? We're talking about an extra 15 to 20 minutes of drive time to Zmax. Isn't the point of having a nice car is to drive it? That being said any updates?

MC36 is offline Cars and Coffee™ Charlotte

Yes we have a new home! We will now be located at the NC Music Factory/Mattie's Diner Uptown Charlotte off of Graham St. It is a great location and will accomidate all of our needs. I am very excited and think that this is going to be a great location for us in the long run. We have a few more details to pick up before they can host the event so it looks like May will be the earliest. I think that if we take the time to lay out the details this will be our home for a long time to come. Thanks for the suggestions and I think that this new central location will be ideal for everyone in the Charlotte area.

Quote Originally Posted by MC36 View Post
    Yes we have a new home! We will now be located at the NC Music Factory/Mattie's Diner Uptown Charlotte off of Graham St. It is a great location and will accomidate all of our needs. I am very excited and think that this is going to be a great location for us in the long run. We have a few more details to pick up before they can host the event so it looks like May will be the earliest. I think that if we take the time to lay out the details this will be our home for a long time to come. Thanks for the suggestions and I think that this new central location will be ideal for everyone in the Charlotte area.
    GREAT NEWS Mike!!! Thanks for getting this done. 5th Gen Camaros of the Carolinas will see you at the new site!
    Loved Sportscars at birth-Drives a Camaro by the GRACE of GOD!!

[SIGPIC]

that will be a great location, Mike... thanks again for your efforts!

You can bet the Carolina Z Club will be there

absolutely cannot wait!!! This will be an interesting place to have the meet, parking lot seems big enough and it appears that we will all be together, not separated across lots like NL mall.

do we have a confirmed date in May? Or just the first Saturday?

yes, can we get confirmation that this Saturday is a go or not?

MC36 is offline Cars and Coffee™ Charlotte

Charlotte Area Cars and Coffee - Uptown Charlotte

Mattie's Diner / NC Music Factory Uptown Village-Main Lot
    1000 NC Music Factory Blvd, Charlotte NC 28206

Saturday May 5th, 2012

7:30am until!
    1st Saturday of every month!(weather permitting- rain date the 2nd Sat)

We're back! Cars and Coffee has found a new home! Thank you for your patience and desire to keep this now Charlotte staple alive in this car crazy community. I believe all things happen for a reason and our new location will fit us better as it is accessible to more of Charlotte, as well as it is a space more conducive for us to grow and prosper. I'm excited about the new location because we are working with locally owned and operated businesses. The main lot is huge as it has ~700 spaces. That being said the spaces closest to the Diner should be reserved for regular diner patrons. If local car clubs or groups want to park together there is amble space to do so, there are four separate entrances to the lot, the closest to Mattie's may not be 'low car friendly' so try the other three. If needed their are additional lots that we can use if we happen to fill this one (highly doubt it but there are options).

Mattie's Diner is a fantastic old school eatery that is located at the front of the property. Matt has made some slight changes to accommodate the size of our crowd so bare with them as they learn our needs. There will be coffee as expected, carry out baked items and sit down full breakfasts if you desire, the space is cozy so be prepared. The owner of NC Music Factory has graciously offered the use of this property and in order to respect the jester we need to do our part. Below are a few bylaws we have to follow in order to continue to use the facility. If we ware out our welcome here we are pretty much without options! I can not begin to tell you how much of a challenge it has been to relocate and find a new car friendly location!

Here are the very simple rules:

Absolutely no burnouts or horse play in the lot or the roads out front. It is irresponsible and safety is a huge concern for us. We trust your car is fast and you have unbelievable skills, there is no need to show us!

No vendors will be allowed to set up tables, booths or tents. As before you can hand out fliers if you wish but no signage or structures allowed.

The Uptown division of the Mecklenburg police department are well aware of our event and will patrol the area. Speeding and unlawful behavior will not be tolerated.

We need to leave the facilities better than we find them on each visit. NC Music Factory is letting us use this facility free of charge so we need to respect it There are trash cans throughout the property please do please do not litter.

Parking nearest to the Diner is reserved for regular restaurant patrons. We have the other 662 spaces!

That's it for now, very simple. Sometimes you don't know how good you have something until it is gone. I miss getting my monthly fix of beautiful machines and wonderful car crazy individuals. The weather looks great so far for Saturday morning, tell your friends, family, co- workers and neighbors to come out and enjoy. Looking forward to enjoying our wonderful new home for Charlotte cars and Coffee.

See you Saturday

Michael__________________

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast